Board of Education Policy: Discrimination against any student on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or religion in the admission or access to, or treatment in the district’s programs and activities is prohibited.
Any intentional gesture or any intentional written, verbal, or physical act or threat that is sufficiently severe, persistent, or pervasive that creates an intimidating, threatening or abusive educational environment for a student or staff member that a reasonable person, under the circumstances, knows or should know will have the effect of:
1. Harming a student or staff member, whether physically or mentally;
2. Damaging a student's or staff member's property;
3. Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of harm to the student or staff member; or
4. Placing a student or staff member in reasonable fear of damage to the student's or staff member's property; or
5. Cyber bullying which means bullying by use of any electronic communication device through means including, but not limited to, e-mail, instant messaging, text messages, blogs, mobile phones, pagers, online games and Web sites.
School Districts are required by Federal Law and K.S.A. 72-6214 to protect the privacy rights of students under the age of 18.
BULLYING INCIDENTS CAN BE REPORTED ANONYMOUSLY.