In recent months, a District Facilities Steering Committee consisting of parents, patrons, educators and consultants was formed to tour buildings, evaluate educational and other programs for present and future, and prioritized needs for quality education. After input from many sources, the Committee identified specific areas:
- Improvements for safety and security in all schools for students, teachers and staff;
- Educational enhancements to meet the goals of our Strategic Plan, Kansas CAN, and the State Board of Education;
- Additional classroom and support spaced for enhanced and efficient education and individualized learning;
- Improvements to upgrade the environment in our schools for learning and teaching; and
- Additional space for Physical Education/team sports and Fine Arts in the district.
The Committee submitted their findings to the USD 267 Board of Education and recommended a bond referendum as the most cost-effective way to address these challenges and goals. After much study, thought and input from several sources, the Board of Education approved a resolution scheduling a special election for April 2.
Information about the bond issue will be presented during Town Hall Meetings beginning at 7 p.m. on MONDAY, MARCH 4 at the following locations:
Andale High School
Garden Plain High School
St. Mark's Elementary
The final day to register to vote in the election is FRIDAY, MARCH 12. Deadline for advance ballot requests is March 26. For more information, visit https://www.